Providing support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
1. Stay Informed. Sign up to receive email updates with the latest news and ways to support critical policies for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
2. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and participate in calls to action. Together we are stronger.
3. Share your story. If you or someone you know are currently on a waitlist to receive Medicaid home and community-based waiver services (HCS, CLASS, DBMD, MDCP, TxHmL), join the movement. Participate in the What’s Your Number Campaign.
Has Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, Supplemental Security Income, or paid family and medical leave made a difference in your life or in a family members? Share your story with us by visiting The Arc’s Action Center.
4. Engage with your elected officials – they need to hear from you! Find your representative on the Who Represents Me website. Who Represents Me provides information about current districts and members of the Texas Senate, Texas House of Representatives, the Texas delegation to the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, and the State Board of Education.
5. Join Arc Greater Mid Cities. Arc GMC is a membership-driven organization, creating a voice for the services, supports and rights of persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Your membership adds your voice (and your vote) to The Arc’s vision of an inclusive community for all people. By joining Arc GMC, you are connected to local advocacy efforts to improve the lives of people with disabilities in Mid Cities and the surrounding area, as well as a part of the nation’s largest grassroots movement to build a better future for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.